Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Module four

I have had a lot to do with podcasts and vodcasts with distance education. The most useful things about these forms of media is their portabillity and their ease of access for students. Most students either own or have access to ipods or thier equivalent these days. They are also usually familiar with the requirements for downloading and moving files onto these portable devices. This enables them to study while on the move. I use my ipod to replay podcasts from university while I am excersising or mowing the lawn (we have four acres that is mowed). This is a godsend for time poor people or for students like me who need to listen to lectures a number of times for the concepts to sink in. U tube is another tool that I use frequently to watch demonstations of difficult concepts that are best understood using visual stimulus.
On the whole extreamly useful technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment