Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Module 9

Scootle has a seemingly endless amount of material available that would be useful in helping students that require learning support. This is a valuable tool that I will definitely use. I signed up for twitter and have added a couple of organisations to follow. I may sign up for face book, just to keep an eye on what my own kids are up to.
I have signed for facebook since I orginally wrote this post and it has been a useful tool so that I can see what my children are posting for the world to see. Having a working knowledge of this social network gives me an ability to both police and advise my own children in it's use. Burying my head in the sand and hoping it will all go away is not a profitable solution to social networking problems. Our children will always gain more from informed advice rather than arbitrary rules formulated by uninformed people who 'don't understand'.
T have also found and used resources from Scootle with many of the students that I support, it has proved to be a valuable resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment